MRT Purple Line
The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) Purple Line is a elevated heavy rail transit system. We were hired to work on the section from Bang Yai to Bang Sue.
This section is 23 kilometers long and has 16 elevated stations along the route. There is also a depot with operational control centre and four park and ride facilities.
The system is built with precast segmental box girder with external prestressing. The typival span in the elevated structure is 40 meters.
The section was divided into two contracts and we were hired on both by different contractors.
We have done redesign and construction stage checking of superstructure and substructure as follows:
- Continuous span elevated viaduct supported by barrette piles
- Widened box deck of 12 m. width.
- Station barrette piles 4-1.2x3 m. and single bored pile Ø2.0 m.
- A large number of precast portal frames
- Continuous span elevated viaduct supported by barrette piles 2-1x3 m.
- Long span bridge of 40+60+40 m
- Portal frames with span of 16-40 m.
- Cantilever and T-head column with pier height of 20-26 m.
- Crossbeam of platform and concourse for the typical station.
- Redesign of Entrance Buildings
- Redesign of Tao Poon Station