EDAP - Master Plan Update Project
The general objective of the Technical Assistance is to strengthen EDM's capacity in electricity network planning, e.g. in sequencing the electricity network development in order to contribute to poverty reduction and improve the quality of life of populations by providing them with a permanent and economic access to electricity and modern energy through grid densification/extension in urban and rural areas.
The specific objective is to support EDM for updating the investment and network development Master Plan.
The expected outcome of a Master Plan is to provide a least cost improvement of the availability and reliability of the electric power supply (including the entire urban area of Maputo city and its respective surroundings) by rehabilitation, reinforcement and expansion of the existing network.
• Load forecasts
• System Review
• Assessment of the Network Information System
• Transmission system study
• Distribution system study
• Load dispatch center study
• Cost assessment and economic analysis
• Socio-economic study
• Environmental impact assessment
• Feasibility studies and project documents
• Financial analysis
• Training of Client's personnel