Norconsult has the largest consultancy resource pool on railways in Norway. We have a large and interdisciplinary railway group and cutting-edge expertise in several key disciplines. This includes subjects such as Railway superstructure and substructure, railway traffic, railway signalling and railway electrical engineering.
Norconsult has more than 25 years of experience in railway project planning and technical design in Norway. Common to most of our tasks is the interdisciplinary nature of the assignments, which requires our employees to work in teams with other disciplines in order to arrive at good overall solutions. Solid railway technical competence, and an understanding of how the railway works as a system, is vital to being able to plan and design good technical, cost-effective and operational optimal solutions. Equally important is to focus on safety, quality, aesthetics, the environment and innovation.
Norconsult has a large portfolio of railway assignments and has carried out a number of studies and detailed technical designs for Bane NOR. Examples of ongoing projects are: Ringeriksbanen, InterCity Vestfoldbanen, Ulriken tunnel, electrification of Trønder- and Meråkerbanen and Gulskogen Hokksund.
Norconsult's railway services include:
- Railway superstructure and substructure: Railway track elements, track geometry and civil works.
- Railway traffic: Punctuality analyses, traffic planning, railway operations and terminal operations.
- Railway network capacity: Simulation of train traffic, travel time calculations, optimization of infrastructure and sensitivity analyses.
- Railway electrical engineering: Low voltage / high voltage, overhead catenary and telecommunications.
- Railway signalling.
- Construction monitoring.
- Cost estimation and Railway safety risk assessment.
- Project management, project coordination, quality management and BIM.